Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth!

Last night we attempted to go to Fitchburg's "Block Party". It poured. We had to wait in the car as soon as we arrived to wait out the rain. Then once we were there it poured again! We found shelter under the awning of a building but the super splashes SOAKED our pants! Then something bit me on the back of my shoulder causing some pretty intense burning. It was so bad I didn't care that my mother was lifting up my shirt in public and rubbing all over my back to see if the creature was still in there!! Ruby was screaming, "I am afraid of these people, don't put me down!" Good Lord. We lasted almost an hour......put the girls to bed, hit the packie with Mum, and then watched the fireworks with my love from the front of our house. Actually worked out to be a pretty sweet evening. Now off to the parade and a cookout here for lunch. I'm sure there will be much to blog about later!
Everyone, have a safe and happy 4th!
GFF

No comments:

Post a Comment